It's funny when one of the most respected speaker manufactures in the world talks about break in but then other "Experts" say it doesn't exist. I'm not sure I buy it either but B&W talks about it and say what you will about B&W but I doubt there is another speaker company in the world that spends more on R&D then they do. Why say it if it's not true? I doubt B&W is trying to get people to keep there speakers past the return period or any of the other lame excuses people throw out for company's who say they have a break in period. It makes you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm just a little. I didn't even bring up the fact that Monitor Audio, Paradigm, Wilson and a host of other world class speaker manufactures also mention it.

In reply to:

Expect the sound of your speakers to improve during an initial listening period. The time varies depending on the type of speaker and how you use it.

The above is from B&W's site.

Do I dare bring up the fact that David Wilson who is considered a speaker guru by most thinks that speaker grills do make a difference on speaker response even though once again most "Experts" say they don't? Sorry but I can't keep track of what exactly an expert is anymore! lol :-)