I think we can solve this argument for ever if we all just hang in there a few more pages worth!

I have been impressed with some peoples experiences of replacing busted tweeters and having to get (their brain?) broken in all over again to the new tweeter.

Plus most of the reviews that cover Axioms (M22s anyway) say there is a break in period for "metal Cones" or something like that. Different from paper or plastic type cones? I would think that professional reveiwers would not need 40 - 60 hours of brain break in time since they would have heard sharp detailed speakers before.

Plus, the guys who run their speakers while they are not home and then come back to hear something very different.

BUT - there is no scientific evidence for it and I would assume that it would be very easy and inexpensive to prove (or disprove?). Surely speaker companies measure this?

The guy who founded PSB speakers has been referenced - he measured the same speakers a decade or two apart and found very slight difference - not enough to change the sound after MANY years. But did he measure them new? I don't remember now.

M22s, QS4s, M2 center, Hsu stf-1.