Well today was finally the day to set up my HT system, I hired a guy to run all the wires in the wall for the surrounds and the sub (which is placed in the back corner). Well, 5 minutes into installation, I hear a loud bang, go running it, and the idiot knocked over my M40ti while moving my entertainment center. There was a small nick in the veneer, but my real worry was the speaker itself. The guy hooked it up and all sounds well, but I am still nervous. The guy said the only potential problem would be if the voice coil came detachted and I would hear a scratchy noise, but so far the speaker sounds normal. Is there anything I should be listening for, any potential problems down the road because of this? Man, I am still pissed.

The guy finished the job and gave my 1/2 off the installation, hopefully I averted needing a new M40ti!!!

That aside, the system sounded great during my first DVD (The Matrix). The only problem (still) is sub calibration, I watched with all speakers to "small" and the sub volume at about 9 o'clock and all sounded great. However, music was boomy, too much bass. turn it down to for music and not enough oomph for HT. I tried the "large" setting crossed over at 55hz and volume at 8 o'clock, great for music not HT. Are the hopes of one setting and leaving it alone a pipe dream?

And lastly, what do some of you listen to HT at, tonight I had my Marantz at -10db, almost all the way up the master volume "bar" on my display, is that considered loud?

wow, this post got long, sorry for rambling