Johnny and Alan, I tried my HT calibration to 85db but it's too loud and I max out some of the speaker level to +15db...maybe I am doing something wrong. anyway..this is how I've done it....and could you please tell me exactly the steps by steps if I did it really wrong...

There are 3 parameters involve on the receiver settings...
1. Master Volume
2. Individual speaker volume(this volume is set to ref volume when the receiver test tone has been run. this is the volume that was being set if you need to increse/decrease the volume, and not the Master volume).
3. Individual Speaker db level (min -15 max +15 db)

here's the actuall step:
1. set master volume to ref volume (0db)
2. run the receivers test tone
3. adjust the speaker level (not the volume) until SPL measures approximately 85db

after this settings, my systems sounds soooo baddddd....so I have to adjust it back to 75db....is this the right thing to do? S&V says, for 75db, you need to adjust first the volume till SPL measures 70db before calibrating the speaker....and in order to achieve that I have to run the receiver test tone, then increase the volume for each speaker to achieve the 70db on SPL (at this point I can't see the relavance of setting the master volume to ref level, since during test tone as I have said above, the volume I am increasing to achive the 70db measurement on SPL is the individual speaker volume). It looks like the process is run test tone, increase the speaker individual volume to achieve 70db on SPL and then start adjusting the speaker db level to achieve 75db.... is this how it;s done??? If this is the case, then why do we need to set the master volume to ref volume first? and also if this is the case, that means my setup is not really calibrated properly.....:-(....oh btw, it;s okay to use the internal receiver test tone right? or I should use the test cd's (S&V) test tone which is a little lower volume that my internal test tone.....

thanks.....