Hey Nick, congrats on the new place. We don't have basements here, in fact I have never been in one, so consider the extra sq. ft. a bonus!! Where's the popcorn machine?????? Anyhow, I have your identical m-22/150 c.c./Qs-8s set-up in a "similar" type room size. It will ROCK with the right sub-or subs I run (2) earthquake supernovas, my neighbors thought they hated the Harley.LOL. If it were me I would analize the room, and wire for 7.1. Make your marks in a non obtrusive maner (small non-permanet markings) wire is relativly inexpensive. We all have a tendency to UPGRADE down the road. I would love to have open walls again!!! wire it up, better safe then sorry. If you want more you got it.

P.S. if you are worried about drainage noise on the HVAC end, I am a HVAC contracter, use 1-1/8 O.D armo-flex insulation on 3/4 schedule 40 PVC pipe, but use the heavy 1/2" outer wall wall, not the standard 1/8" wall, about a $5.00 additional expense, it will offer better sound dampening. Jon

Last edited by joninflorida; 09/17/04 03:28 AM.

Sunfire amps & processor Sammy 50" Crown amp 2-SVS SS Maple Ultras, Axiom 60s,22s,150cc, QS8s