[Sorry for the cross-post, but I only received one response in another forum, and I thought I might do better here. I am not trying to stir up trouble, I'm just looking for some alternatives to research before I buy.]

Alrighty...

I'm new to this forum, and Axiom, for that matter. I was brought here by the glowing comments at hometheaterspot.com.

I'm trying to justify replacing my baby Onkyo speaker system. (The trouble is, it sounds fairly decent to the family. Sooo, I've got to find something that is clearly much better, and for not a lot of money. Thus, Axiom.

However, it isn't in my blood to buy anytihng without doing a LOT of research, and listening to a lot of experienced advice.

I have some size constraints for ceiling-mounted speakers (can't be taller than 12"), so I need to go with M2's. I talked with Brent at Axiom, and he recommended the system in the subject for my room and needs.

What I need is some discussion regarding the competition. What *are* equivalent speakers to this setup? Paradigm also gets rave reviews, but I can't figure out what speakers I would want over there... too many choices, difficult site to navigate.

I also see auidoholics "recommended" satellite system is the RBH CT-5.1... he seems to be in love with these.

So, can someone give me some viable alternatives, so that I can make an informed decision and feel good about buying my Axioms, er, the right brand?

Here's my current setup, if it helps:

Room: 15x19x8=2280 cu ft
Onkyo 502 (75w/ch)
Onkyo HT-22 Fronts & surrounds. (65hz-20khz)
Onkyo ??? Center (pretty small)
Sony low-priced sub
(The onkyos were part of a home-theater in a box system)

What I *want* is clarity. I am a bit deaf in one ear, and need excellent voice clarity for HT.

Thanks very much to anyone with the patience to have read this far and/or respond!