13Hz!?!

That is "bowel shaking" bass.

How big are these puppies in relation to an M60? Are they taller (obviously somewhat wider)?

And the new "little" guy - its response is surprisingly low for a "cube" model subwoofer isn't it?

Anyway - I love the clean look of the 600. In a horizontal position, it could pass as a mutant center channel (as pictured in the website promo)...

This all begs two questions in my mind...

(1) Exactly how much and how loud does our bass need to be? I ask only because my STF-2 gets too loud and too aggressive at fairly low volumes, making my movie watching unpleasant at times. I have to keep it dialed down a bit to make sure that its calibrated to my desired listening level. I just can't imagine needing more (I can imagine wanting more on the other hand).

(2) Is this what Axiom has been up to for the last year plus? Is this why we haven't seen anything coming out to complement other lines (like in-wall or sattelite/sub systems)? It seems to me like Axiom has finally dug its way out of the hole and will once again be a contender in the quality sub group - of course, you'll still be paying a fairly hefty price for both new models. Their use of the DSP circuitry to ensure that the sub works optimally makes me think that they might be able to do something on the otehr end of teh spectrum using this technology (to compete for our wives' favor and produce a "nearly invisible" home theater) to blow BLOSE out of the water!

Exciting stuff.