OK, still trying to decide the best option for a sub. I even wrote to Axiom yesterday, and got a reply from Alan as to which he thought might be best for my needs, but I want to throw a simple question out to all of you.

Despite many recommendations for an HSU or SVS, I think I've narrowed it down to two Axioms, the 175 VS. the 350. Although the other brands are initially, comparatively less expensive, that's pretty much offset by shipping costs. Plus, for good or for bad, I really do like the fact that the sub will match the finish of the rest of my system. Since I KNOW I need to get the sub out of my current corner placement to tighten the sound, I have no choice but to put it in a very prominant, visible place.

I really think (as did Alan from Axiom)that in my small 13' x 13' room, the 175 would do just fine. But as I've mentioned before in another post, I might be moving this whole setup to a finished attic that would be approximately 35' x 22' a couple of years down the road. Taking that into consideration, I don't want to "under buy".

So, the question: The 350 is not much more cost, nor much bigger physically, but is it "overkill" in a small room? Remember that my priority is tight, musical bass as opposed to hitting the lowest notes. If a sub is larger than needed for a particular room, do you just turn it down a bit or does it inherently become a bit boomy and/or sloppy as it couples with the room?

The other speakers will be M60s, VP150 and QS8s.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::