Trying to ignore politics and beheadings, and jog some interesting stories:

Do you have any audio-related moments that stand out in your mind as a particularly pleasant or unpleasant memory?

I have a few, but will just share one for the moment:

Sensurround Movies. (Hope I spelled that right!) When I was a kid of probably 10, I saw "Midway" at a local theater, and it was one of the first (if not the first) sensurround movie. What an experience! From the opening scene where the pilots were starting up their planes on a carrier deck, you could feel the seats in the theater vibrating, and when heavy bombers were dropping their ordinance, visible from above, you felt each bombs' pressure wave. Common now in home theaters, but at the time, it was unlike anything experienced before!

My memory is that the theater had several very large (maybe 6' square) subwoofers lined up in the front of the theater under the screen. I don't remember everything being a whole lot louder than usual, so I think the subs were literally only working below maybe 30~35Hz.

I really think it has been a large factor in my quest for good home theater! I've seen the movie several times on cable, and I've seen the DVD in stores, only to be dissapointed that there was no mention on the sleeve of reworking the soundtrack to include those effects in the ".1" channel.

Anyone else see the movie in it's original release version... maybe around 1974? And, does anyone know if the DVD has incorporated any of those effects into the soundtrack? I was too afraid of being dissapointed and have avoided buying the DVD...!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::