19BASSPLAYER45: Definitely will have to try it out. Thankfully the fiancee has some stuff from her so it would definitely not a be a waste of a purchase. Shell love me just getting a copy .. if I can find it.

MIKEY:I think you answered the questions that I left unanswered. Firstly I do not have the time to demo all the different subs. So my first criteria is based on how many "hits" I get from reviews out there on the net. Like I did when I found the M22ti vs. Paradigm Studio 20's. I ended up with the M22Ti.

I did not want any negative remarks on the Axiom subs..I just did not see much reviews or praise on the sub. Secondly I always look for technology in products. The AMPs in the other sub have been noted. My preference is first music more than movies. That is why I have a Rotel Home Theater amp not a Denon. So based on things I've heard a smaller tight driver moves faster and cleaner than a bigger slower driver...hence the dual 8 inch driver. For sub you want as much bass extension than just in one place ... hence the bipolar idea. Before the mirage I was going to setup 2 x 8 inch subwoofer ... one in the front and one in the back..to disperse a nice tight evenly distributed bass until I found the dual firing Mirage. All high end home theater and properly configured ones actually have 2-3 subs. The use of having 2 small 8 inch sub was a good idea until I actually thought that 2 x 8 inch sub will cost me $1500 cdn. The last years Mirage BPS-150i is being offered to me by my local supplier for $700. I can't complain. Also take a look at the Energy 8 sub...it is sooo tight..great for music..and has a very heavy magnet. Unfortunately 2 x$700 is better spent on the next Rotel amplifier I need to make my 5.1 to 7.1 plus another purchase of 2 x QS4.

Hope this make sense.