Can anyone out here give me an honest comparison of these two speakers? I am very close to buying after some extensive online research and some fairly extensive in-store listening. I'm looking to get the best bang for the buck (and who isn't?).

Early in my research, I became quite fond of the M60 bookshelf after some comparison listening in 3 different stores offering various lines to compare. In every case, I liked the M60s best, but I just couldn't see spending $1000 on them. As my search went on, I discovered Axiom, and have been on the verge of picking up the M22ti's to replace my old Celestion DL-10 floor-standers. This effort is the first step in upgrading my 50-50 music/home theater speaker system from its piecemeal 5-channel setup.

However, just this week, I discovered someone at work who is selling his pair of M60's for only $500, so now I'm torn once again--to buy the speaker I know I like for a substantial discount, or go with the one everyone raves about for what is certainly a bargain price?

Any and all advice would be much appreciated.