Tom, that is EXACTLY why I bought the thing, and it has paid off in full. You set up macros for, literally, whatever device functions you want. If my wife wants to watch a DVD, all she has to do is press/hold the DVD button from the main screen. It doesn't matter what the system is doing at the time, or even if any of the components are "on". The macro turns on the receiver, TV and DVD player and sets everything to the right sources and settings - with one button. It is magic.

I've only scratched the surface of its functionality. That is, it will do a lot more than I have implemented. But I really like the PC-programmable aspect of it. You can download and install the software ahead of time; playing around with it will give you a good idea of how the thing works.

Go check out Remote Central for reviews and files. One of the nice things about this remote is that you can import some Pronto device commands.

Manuals are here

But, judging from Ray and me, it might make you go bald. Other than that, it's great.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem