It was a somewhat useless post for others, but I know that many people (me included) have needed to "vent" frustration somewhere from time to time.

Personally, I have only been to Canada once, and I thought that it was pretty nice. I did not hit all of the tourist areas, so I think that I saw "normal" Canada. This was many years ago, and the biggest thing that I remember was how CLEAN everything was. It just seemed so refreshing compared to the US. And this from a guy who lives in Iowa where it is fairly clean compared to major cites.

Oh, I was at a tech conference a couple of weeks ago, and I had dinner with a few folks form the "Great White North" and they were yapping about how expensive it is in Canada for taxes. How much you get "dinged" for the "free" health insurance, etc. But you know what, they said that even still, they love Canada so much that they would never leave...

Seems to me that Canada is a good place to live.... So what if you have to pay a little more. "You get what you pay for" so to speak...

Farewell - June 4, 2020