Sorry for the double post, but after I posted this in the "advice from owners" forum, I figured it actually belonged here...
-----------
I am heavily researching my dedicated home theater (projection system, 24x14 sized room). However, I have limited knowledge when it comes to higher-end setups. So, if you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes, I would appreciate help with the following questions:

1. I am considering the M80 speakers. Would those be too much for a 24x14 sized room? What do the M80 speakers give me the M60's wouldn't?

2. What receiver would you recommend to run the M80's? I would like an amp that runs an 8.1 system. My budget is around $1,000. Note: I probably don't need multiple zones since it will be a dedicated HT receiver.

3. Would the receiver change for M60s?

4. Now, I had the theater pre-wired for the following speakers:
Front R&L Ceiling
Front R&L Floor
Rear R&L Floor
Rear R&L Ceiling
Right Side - 2 Speakers
Left Side - 2 Speakers
Rear Center Ceiling
Front Center Speaker
Now, lets say I wanted to run all of those speakers? Obviously a reciever can't power all of those, at least in the $1k range. How does a power-amplifier work? I assume its a post-reciever setup? Does someone have a link to a FAQ or website that describes that setup? What power-amplifier would you recommend to power all of those speakers?

5. Assuming I had the M80's for fronts, what would you recommend for front R&L ceiling speakers?

6. Is a voltage regulator or line conditioner recommended? Do you really need those? Do they make a difference?

7. How are the Axiom subs? On all of the other forums I always read about SVS, Velodyne and HSU.

8. Unfortunately my side speaker pre-wires are at least 3-4 feet in front of where I will be sitting. Is it worth it to put speakers there still? Or skip the 8.1?

9. What is the difference between 2-4-8 OHM? I am sure there is a FAQ out there which tells how speakers and receivers and OHMs all work, in laymans terms. But I can't find one...any links?

Thanks in advance! I appreciate you taking the time to answer what you can!

Hopefully once I get my Axioms, I will be able to demo my setup for all those who travel to Las Vegas!