Hey Saturn, I think both are good and would work for you, but which would be best is hard to say. Performance wise there's little to no professional reviews on either of these and I haven't seen any feedback from owners that have owned other subs to offer any relative comparisons. (including myself)

Two PB10-ISD's are certainly cheaper than a single EP500 and I'd agree with Neverhappy I have also heard about certain advantages of having two subs. And this would certainly offer some flexibility.

One approach may be to ask the SVS experts whether they think you would be better suited with either: 1) 2x's PS10-ISD or 2) a single SVS sub equivalent in price and performance to an EP500. That way you can atleast perhaps decided between a one sub or two sub system. If you decide on a one sub system then the decision becomes EP500 or an equivalent SVS... And again we'll have to wait and see what others with experience with both have to say.

One thing also, I heard mention of limitations on the connectivity of the new SVS and I don't much care for there simple finishes. These may or may not be an issue for you.

If you're not in a real rush I'd wait for some further feedback on both before deciding which way to go.

Or you could always get both and give us your impressions

Cheers, Jag