What's somewhat unusual here is that such a large chain is talking about this openly as a matter of policy.

Any small business owner will tell you that a certain percentage of clients are just not worth it (unless you really need the money!).

I have a cient that continually shows up 10 minutes to two hours late for appointments 90% of the time, with the remaining 10% being outright no-shows because she forgot (yes, I always call the day "of" or the day before to remind her), she never brings in all the materials needed, etc... For maybe $500~1,000 worth of work a year, frankly she's not worth it. I haven't told her not to come back (and I won't), but I'm certainly not encouraging her either! I have told her in no uncertain terms that she's expected to be on time for appointments... or at least call.

To be blunt, I'm surprised more business' don't put their foot down with certain types of customers. We all know people who, very casually, buy items and return them constantly just to "try them out" without any real intention of purchase. Now the store has to put that item out as "returned" at a 20% reduction. We all pay for that in the end.

I'm sure Axiom has had their share of customers that have bought several times, only to return the items several times.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::