Thank you for your offer of help. Here is the deal...A year back I had a Yamaha receiver(75W) with Infiniti Entra series speakers(dual woofer + tweeter). At first I just had the front floor standing speakers. Later I added the center plus surrounds making it a 5.0 system. The room at that point was L shape with listening space around 12x20x8. A fire destroyed all of that....

So in comparison, I have a now a 100W receiver (denon 2805) with 250 W rated speaker in a rectangular 15x30x9 space and I feel I am missing the low end punch much needed for home theatre. I know adding a sub. would solve that , but I did not have one earlier and that was acceptable. I played starwars(phantom menace) and the THX introduction was just not good as before and the pod race I had to go down to +5 volume on the denon for acceptable performance. I was listening to movie Drumline last night and again the same thing.

I just don't know how to describe it... I feel its lacking in punch and I am not entirely sure if I will be satisfied after adding the center and surrounds in the next few months.

That is the reason, I wanted to listen to anyone willing to share their system in this area so that I can hopefully hear what is sounds 5.0 ( as compared to my 2.0 setup). Unfortunately, I cannot listen to it in a shop..

With the M60's, is a sub mandatory for HT purposes ? I really don't want to buy one if I can avoid it.

As last resort, I might buy either a denon 3805 OR Yamaha (110W/120W) which is about the same price as my current 2805 and then compare. If I find it better then I can return the 2805 that I have. Who knows, maybe its the receiver !

Any other ideas welcome and again if anyone in phoenix area is willing to share their system with me for a while that will be great !