Whoa there young lad!!! I never once said I liked the Pioneer the most! The Pioneer was my first review only because it surprised the heck out of me! I will post my thoughts on the others soon but for now here are some thoughts on the HK, which is in fact my number 1 choice for HT and second for stereo!...............yes I know what your thinking, I own the Denon 3805 what's up with that? Sorry guys but when it comes to HT and when you take everything into account from power to overall sound to features, the HK walks on my Denon..........and least in my basement and using my speakers!

When it comes to HT, the Harman to me is the ruler of the roost. This thing is just freaking amazing with the options you have. Multiple crossover points all the way to what I think is a great display. It's the only receiver I can actually read the front of from my seating position.......and I have 20/20 vision so no it's not my eyes. Not a big deal for me but the wife loved it. My biggest joy with the HK was with it’s seemingly endless supply of power! No matter what I did, it kept going and going. This receiver to me at least brings a warm sound to the mix that reminds me a lot of my Parasound amp. My guess is this is due to Harman's love of current and not just wattage. I have read a ton in here from Harman owners bragging about them.............I now get it! I have no clue on anything else in the line but the AVR-630 is a wicked receiver that I would own in a heartbeat. I can't say I spent a lot of time on the auto set-up offered up via the remote but I did let it do it's thing and it was ok. I made some changes but in the end I ended up going with SPL levels and setting speaker distance with a good old fashioned tape measure. I can go on but in the end if I was giving away a prize for number 1 overall, the HK takes it! It does it all well, from HT to stereo to multi-channel audio!

One of the things I love to play with, is every receivers multi channel stereo option. 5 channel stereo etc etc. Logic 7 wins this hands down with the Denon 3805 being real close. I have heard from a few Lexicon owners about how good Logic 7 was, but now that I have heard it, I must agree it is dam good.

I could ramble on for ever about this thing as I liked it that much! I also hit the same DB with the Harman as I did with the Pioneer, and it didn't clip..............ever...........not once...........it just kept going and going.

Now the bad. For some reason the volume on the HK went goofy on me a few times. Dam thing would turn itself down for no reason or not respond to the remote. We took it back and got another one. The replacement had problems to. As soon as I got the tunes thumping, it shut down. Again we took it back. The one we have now seems fine so far.

Does HK have some quality control issues? Who knows but I must admit that although I think this is a great receiver I may have some reservations on buying it based on what I experienced with 2 of them!.........but in the end this may have just been bad luck!

Those purty blue lights on the front are calling my name! :-)