Hope this question isn't too off the wall, but I'm finally going to bite the bullit and replace my two decade old stereo system (SAE Two receiver & speakerlab 7's), and have decided to go with axioms for my speakers and a Denon AVR-3803 for the reciever. My biggest complaint with my current set-up is that now that I'm older and alot grayer, the speakerlabs really sound like crap at lower volumes. Am I going to have similar complaints with the axioms?

I'm currently trying to decide between the epic grand master system and the epic 80 system. At this point I think I'm inclined to go with the epic 80 system, but am concerned that at lower volumes there may not be much difference between the two. I guess I'm making the assumption that the 80's only really shine at higher volumes.

Perhaps I'm just basing my concerns on 2-decade old techology that was never meant to be heard at low volumes, but I have read through most of the messages on this board, and have found no info on how the systems sound and compare at lower volumes (guess I'm getting old). Any comment or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!