Bob,

We purchased a system similar to the one you're considering. We replaced our 15 yr old system for a Denon 3802 and Axiom MP60, VP150, and QS8. In my opinion, they do a terrific job at low volume listening (around -35db after calibrating sound levels with Sound and Vision Home Theater DVD). They're outstanding at normal and high volume listening.

A problem area for us was in finding a subwoofer that responded to the receiver signals at low level volumes. Many have an auto on/off feature that turns the sub on if a minimum signal is present and turns the sub off if the signal drops below the minimum. At the sound levels I use at night, this was a problem as the sub would either not come on or would cut off after only a few minutes of listening.

Some subs have a switch that defeats the auto on/off allowing for the sub to remain on regardless of the level of signal from the receiver. That would be one solution, but we were able to find subs (and audition them in our home) that had the auto on/off and were sensitive enough to come on and stay on at low level listening; they were Def Tech ProSub 200 and 15TL+; Sunfire Signature; Velodyne SPL1200 and HGS II-12. Also, and perhaps more importantly, these were, in my opinion, some of the more musical subs I'd heard.

Hope this helps.