That's a REALLY good question, Octavian. I know you're a classical aficionado, and being a tyro when it comes to classical music, I wouldn't venture a recommendation in that genre. JohnK, and Alan, are our resident classical "experts." JohnK is on the West coast and usually doesn't stop by until late in the day. However, as it's the day after Thanksgiving, maybe he has the day off and will come by earlier. Alan likely has the day off and won't be by at all, but you never know.

If you're a classic rock fan, in addition to a classical fan, there is a lot of talk about Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon SACD being something special. I believe I've heard The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over DTS 5.1 disk ($20) mentioned as being excellent. If you really like the Eagles, you might try the Hell Freezes Over DTS DVD ($19) and you can watch them while you listen.

In the Jazz vein, I'm a big Diana Krall fan, and I love her Live in Paris DVD with DTS 5.1 ($11), or her Love Scenes DVD-A ($15). In the instrumental jazz vein, I love Fourplay's Between The Sheets CD. It's very well recorded, and one of the best sounding CDs I own.

I'm sure others will offer some excellent suggestions as well.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton