If you're not an F-1 fan (or one of our resident Canucks), you might want to skip to another thread...

I had a conversation with someone the other day and we were talking about simple pleasures. What were some of the small things that never failed to make us smile? Well, without putting much thought into it I said, "Watching old footage of Gilles Villeneuve driving."

Now, I thought it was kind of funny that that was one of the first things that popped into my head, but I guess it was an honest answer. I've got a couple of video tapes of Gilles racing, including the '79 French Grand Prix and his duel with Rene Arnoux. I'll pop them in maybe once or twice a year and they never fail to make smile and lean a little closer to the TV, and occasionally laugh out loud. The guy was absolutely insane. Completely brilliant, but insane.

So I guess if I have a question, it’s for the Canadian members of this board: Is Villeneuve a legend in Canada? Has he been largely forgotten? Is anyone here old enough to actually remember seeing or attending some of his races? Any stories to share?

M22ti mains, EP175 sub, VP150 center, QS4 surrounds