Well Gilles is cetainly a legend to me, and to most other Canadians who follow F1. I wasn't lucky enough to see him race in person, something I still regret.

This June at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK Jacques drove his father's 1978 Ferrari 312. "I never thought I would do this," added the 1997 Champion. "It's something that you do once in a lifetime, and that's what it will remain. This run was like 'thank you and goodbye' to my Dad."

"The Canadian has been notably reluctant to talk about his father in the past but on Saturday he wore a helmet belonging to the Ferrari great, who died in practice for the 1982 Belgian Grand Prix."

The pictures of Jacques in his dad's car, sent shivers up my spine.

The most incredible things about current F1 cars is the braking. I was at Silverstone by the pit entrance and the first few times the cars came in I was convinced that there was going to be a crash. They go from race speed to pitlane speed in the blink of an eye.

I'd give anything to go for a ride in one of the two seaters they use for pr work.

For what it's worth the Australian GP is only 85 days away, and now that the British GP is back on we may be getting 19 races next year.

Getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/SVS 2000/m60/Monolith 3x200 amp