Welcome Seabear, even if you ARE a Giants fan. And, yes, this whole "sorting through all the options" thing can be quite daunting.

SVS and HSU are the high profile sub manufacturers, at the moment. Both companies manufacture subs primarily, although HSU makes a highly regarded HTIB (The ventriloquist), and I'm hearing rumblings that SVS is soon to be manufacturing speakers. It is my opinion that both companies make a very good product, and each company has it's devoted supporters, but there are others to consider as well, among them the Axiom subs.

The Axiom 500 and 600 are very new, and kinda unknown quantities at this point because of a lack of impartial, quantitative, and qualitative comparisons to other brands. On paper they both look incredible. We have several here on the forum who own both, and are QUITE happy with them. But, the same can be said about the other Axiom subs, and HSU and SVS subs. I don't think you'd be making a mistake with any of these brands.

If having the sub match your speakers in appearance is a high priority, then the Axiom subs should be your first consideration. If that isn't a must, then consider the other brands as well. It's basically, a win/win decision.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton