Good for you Bruce! To echo Jack's comments, the experience with ecost has been good overall and I've seen the same in other forums. Also, the units are refurb because a problem manifested itself and was fixed, hence the "possibly better than new" comment, since the unit should now have all of the bugs worked out.

Once in a while you read about something missing from the box. My neighbor just got a refurb 884/1804 that came without a remote or manual. An email to Denon fixed that issue. The prices associated with these things offset the occasional annoyance. You will love the thing once you get it all hooked up.

A hint for you. The unit uses an on screen display (OSD) that puts the setup menu on your TV so you can access your settings. You will need to attach it to the TV using an S-Video cable to allow you to see the OSD.

Finally, the unit comes from ecost with a 90 day Denon warranty. You might consider calling ecost and getting an extended warranty for a year or two. Not very expensive.

Let us know how you make out. If you run into problems setting up, I'd be glad to help. Also - do you have the MX-700 remote? If so, there are some neat things you can do with it.