Mark, this is ONLY my opinion, but I run Norton AntiVirus by itself, have the free ZoneAlarm installed, and, like you, I have a router firewall (I have disabled the Windows firewall). I feel as protected as is possible. I've heard that hardware firewalls (like the router) offer superior, incoming protection than software firewalls. But, I like the free ZoneAlarm on top of the router, because it gives me control of outgoing stuff.

If you want to test your computer security:

Go to Gibson Research Corporation, scroll 2/3 of the way down the page and click on "ShieldsUP!"

You'll get a page explaining your IP address. Click "Proceed."

On the next page, in the box labeled "ShieldsUP!! Services" you'll find buttons that will test your computer for all sorts of vulnerabilities. The two that are the most important are "Common Ports" and "All Service Ports." With the configuration on my computer that I mentioned above, I achieve readings of "Complete Stealth" My computer isn't even visible.

On the page to which I linked above, you'll find 3, very tiny freeware programs under the title "Your Three Musketeers." They are, "UnPlug n' Pray," "DCOMbobulator," and "Shoot The Messenger." These little programs are worth downloading, and running, to be sure all your bases are covered. The "Leak Test," found just under the "ShieldsUP!" link on this page is another worthwhile test to run.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton