Pete,

No independent BM. Would be sweet to have I suppose but the global crossover works for me in my room.

I'm perfectly happy to have my two subs handle the bass below 120Hz and relieve the mains/surrounds and amps of bass duties. Hell, I paid good money for those subs-I want to get my money's worth out of um'.

I know some of you who may be reading this post are right about now gritting your teeth and squinting about the 120Hz crossover point. But I tell ya what, I get very flat response (+/-4db according to the Rives Audio Test CD 2) in the 20-125Hz range and my system sounds very bass articulate, if I must say so myself. Absolutely cannot localize the subs (just ask bray).

I say to all, don't be shy about trying higher "different-than-normal" crossover settings and sub placement (no matter what size speakers you have) especially if you think your bass sounds even a little boomy/muddy when listening to music. Get yourselves a Rives Audio Test CD 2 (corrected for nonlinearities in the RS meter) and find out what your bass is really doing. Sorry I got off on a tangent Pete.

Last edited by mwc; 12/28/04 03:22 AM.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.