Two things. Yes...I really like the independant BM on the H/Ks. I believe the Outlaw 950 preamp has the same feature. I found it really handy to break up say the fronts having a crossover of 60 then having the surrounds at say 100 Hz. It's a brilliant idea that needs to be seen more in other companies.

The H/K is a solid piece. It's pretty too. It didn't do everything I was looking for though. But that's me. Most people are very happy with their H/Ks. I had the AVR-630.

On the other note...the video degraded when run through the receiver. It doesn't seem till recently where receivers hit the 100 Mhz video range have I seen virtually no degradation in the picture. But I'm picky...as my wife will tell you

I will tell you, as I will tell all receiver shoppers...go to a store that carries similar speakers to Axioms (B&W, Paradigm) and demo whatever receivers they have there to match with your sound. Now...these won't be cut and dry demos. First and foremost they'll have different room acoustics than your room. Secondly, their equipment will be fully broken in, whereas a new piece of gear needs breakin time (some will likely disagree with this). And thirdly (and probably most important)...they're not Axioms

In any case the BEST solution, if you have it available to you, will be to take a demo receiver home....hook it up...and let your ears be the judge. I can tell you all day what TO get and what NOT TO get. But the bottom line is always what YOU like. And that's the most important.

In a general concensus I think you'd probably be looking at Denon, Marantz, Harman Kardon, Onkyo (and Integra), and Yamaha. If you step it up a little in price you'll be looking at pieces like Outlaw, Rotel and Arcam.

There are others. I just think these are probably the most commonly seen here on the Axiom forum.

Good luck in your quest!

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"