Hello all,
Building a home theater system. Room is 18x23x9, or perhaps 8 foot ceiling if I create a box-in-box room. Dedicated HT. 90% movies, 10%music. The home theater wizard directs me to the m60/70 mainly. The more I look at speakers and talk to theater dudes, the more I tend to think that a good movie speaker is one in which the range is somewhere like 50hz and up, leaving the bass to a sub. I looked at some M & K speakers, the 750 series, TXH certified. Dealer told me that Lucas uses these speakers at the Lucas Ranch. I really don't care much for certifications, but they did sound good for the movies. SO, my question is, do I go for somethink along the lines of the M22i's, or go with bigguns, like the m60? One of the reviews on this site, Home Audio I believe, states that the M22's did just as good at movies if using a sub. Any thought? Any of you compared the 22's with the 60's on movies? Also, I like the look of the towers. It is that gut feeling that something small can't be that good. It is hard to think about spending thousands on a theater room, and then have these little bookshelves in the front. Hmm. What will my friends think. ha. Thanks for any reply.
Rolyasm