My NAD T752 clipped a few days ago while watching a DVD at high volume (+5). It clipped right as an explosion began on the Attack of the Clones DVD. I suppose I don't find this too surprising considering the volume level but I can't help but wonder if this should not have happened at all.

My friend mentioned something about the resistance of cable and asked what gauge I was using. I don't know much about cabling and know little about how it can affect a system, all I can do is tell you what I am using.

The mains are wired with 8' runs of 14 gauge Kimber 4PR. The center is a 5'run of 12 gauge Monster Z1. The surrounds are 25' runs of Kimber Kwik-16. I am not using spades or bannana connectors....just using the bare wire at both ends.

From my understanding, the cables for the mains and center should be fine. However, I am not so sure about the surrounds. Should I have used a 14 or 12 gauge cable for a 25' run? Could the fact I am using 16 gauge cable for 25' runs to my surrounds actually cause my receiver to clip?

Any other ideas on possible things to check or eliminate?