Welcome Joe,

Congratulations on the choice. Enjoy the anticipation; we've all been there. I don't know the size of your room and that would be part of the equation to answer your sub question. In general, recommendations indicate that SVS and HSU subs in the price range might have a slight edge over the 350. However, the 350 is a pretty good sub and would be a fine choice.

QS8s. Once you calibrate the speakers/sub these puppies will amaze you. They are pretty forgiving. Conventional advice is to have them to the sides at the rear of the listening area a foot or so in front of or behing it. A foot or so from the ceiling would be fine.

Now to the important stuff - fiancee's approval????? This kind of thing will result in demerits on your man card. Try to straighten that spine up mister. What? Huh? Oh. OK. I'm sorry , my wife tells me I need to finish stenciling the sewing room right now, so I have to go. But remember Joe, stand up to your fiance!

On a serious note, the excitement will hit when you get the golden email telling you the speakers have shipped. Some folks here get the "Axiom flu" on the arrival date and miss a day of work. Keep us in the loop.