>>Actually with a fixed audio budget, HT HURTS Axiom, not helps them. Why? Because HT receivers are more expensive than stereo. With a fixed budget the customer must spend more on the receiver, leaving less money for speakers. Axiom makes less. If you exclude the receiver and say fixed budget for speakers only, then Axiom again makes the same or less money. If you spend $x on Axiom stereo speakers, Axiom gets ALL that. If you spend $x on HT, this exposes Axiom to 3rd party subwoofer purchases, not a factor for 2-ch stereo.

Interesting point. Good speaker mfg's also tend to lose some business because buying 5 or 6 speakers means you have to spend less on each speaker and that pushes a lot of people into those cheap awful HTIB things. $500 buys you a nice pair of M22s but someone looking for a 5 speaker system for $500 isn't going to be buying from Axiom or any of their peers.

I sometimes wonder if Axiom should do someting vaguely Ventriloquist-like, leveraging a couple of good speakers with cheaper center and surrounds (or they could just leverage the center like Hsu does).

Hey, that might be enough to finally push Axiom over the edge and port the center channel speakers so we don't keep getting posts asking "so, like, where should I drill the hole to port my VP150 ? Through the crossover ?".

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8