OK, glad that was cleared up. There are 4 things I would do if I were in your shoes.

1.)My first suggestion echo's that of some others. I would get the M60's instead of the M80's and use the extra money to apply towards another pair of QS8's to do 7.1.

2.) I took a quick look at the specs on the Sony projector. Do you have Voom or any other source to where you will be watching a lot of HDTV? If not, and you will be watching regular cable/TV and DVD's, then I suggest you save a bundle of money by considering a projector that has less native resolution but excellent contrast(3000:1). I have seen two DLP projectors that readily outperform much higher-priced HDTV compatible projectors when it comes to viewing DVD's and regular TV/cable. Don't waste your money buying a projector with a higher native resolution if you can't take advantage of it. In the event you won't be watching HDTV, I suggest you take a look at the Optoma H31. You can get one for $1300 and it defies logic at its price. I have witnessed this thing beat out other projectors that were around $3k. Skeptical? Find one and audition it...you will likely be amazed.

3.) With the savings from the afforementined paragraph, I would set my sights on a NAD T773 receiver. I believe MSRP is $1800 but you should be able to get it from a local dealer for $1500. This receiver really gives you solid power with its dual-Holmgren torroidial power supplies and can even go stable to 2 ohms. Despite what some might say, this is the kind of A/V receiver that makes some question whether separates are really needed. Also, the remote supplied with this unit is good enough that you don't have to buy an aftermarket remote to be happy. It's not as nice as a new Pronto, but it is very solid and does everything most people would require. I won't rant on about specs etc. but I will provide links to a review and the receiver:

http://www.avrev.com/equip/nadt773/

http://www.nadelectronics.com/av_receivers/T773_frameset.htm

4.) Again I will echo what others have said and consider an SVS sub or perhaps the EP500.

Breakdown:
M60's, 4QS8's, VP150 = $2625 (apply 5% discount) = $2493
NAD T773 = ~$1500
Optoma H31 + 106"(horizontal) Da-lite fixed screen = ~$2300
DVD player - $350
Seats for 6-8 ~$2500
SVS PB12-ISD/2 = $899

That puts you at $10,042. The system you listed in your original post put you at $9,800 including the added $500 for the QS8's you forgot to initially list.