I will upgrade in maybe a few years' time when I get promoted or something. When that happens I will get a new TBD pair for front, move the M60s to the rear, the QS8s to the side, and get a center to complete a 7.1 setup. I am not a big fan of monster subs, so will probably stick with the PB10 for a long time. Hopefully by that time the AV connection mess will go away so that I can also upgrade my receiver/player combo (perhaps with a Denon 8805?)

For the TBD front, you have suggested several brands: Thiel, Magnepan, Vandersteen, Martin Logans, JMLabs, Energy, Meadowlark. I will be scouting these brands to get an idea of how much improvement over the M60 I will get. If the improvement is slight, perhaps it makes more sense to get another pair of M60s for better timber/visual match. If the improvement provided by brand X is significant, I will get brand X instead.

I purchased the Axioms entirely based on internet info and without any auditioning, but for this next step, auditioning seems crucial. Who wants to spend $5,000 or a pair of fancy looking speakers that sound only marginally better than a pair of $800 M60s?

For now, I am a happy camper, even with a phantom center (sorry for the rhyme )

Thank you all for the suggestions.

M60 + QS8 + SVS PB10 + Yamaha HTR-5640 + Pioneer 578a