No problem pasting the comment, but let me just toss in a caveat. I deleted my post because I felt I shouldn't be making a statement like the one in the last sentence without having some hands-on EP175 experience. I was basing my comment on specs and reviews and felt the wording was a bit too strong to be based on that kind of info.

I stand by the advice, just felt that my comment about the EP175 could be taken as being more critical (and more emphatic) than I intended.

One minor question -- you said your room was 16x20 with 8 foot ceilings. How close is the ceiling height to being 1/2 the width, and what is the ceiling made of ? I'm asking because if you have an exact 2:1 ratio there (to something solid, not perforated ceiling tiles) there's a chance you might have a nasty 70Hz peak in the room and *might* be able to do something about that with dual subs.

Having said that, I have no idea if you actually CAN do any thing about a room mode with dual subs -- it seems like you should be able to do something by placing them 1/2 wavelength apart at the "nasty frequency" but I have never even *read* anything like that ;(

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8