Well. are you callin' me out duff???? ;)

Nice choices! Glad it came together for you! I would not get too over the top with speaker wire. It does make a difference, particularly the size/gauge. You have made good choices to this point.

So, a turntable huh? Well here are two manufacturers that make the worlds best tables - Linn (Scottish) and Oracle (Canadian). See what they have to offer. I know Oracle has a lower cost table, and I think Linn maybe serveral dollars out of your range(like 2-3 thousand!)

Linn actually recommends a competitors table for the budget challenged - Rega. Look for a Rega Planar 2 or 3, with the best Rega arm (they make RB300, 600, 900 ) and quality cartridge you can afford. The Planar 2 list for $500 US, and arms are sometimes included in a package. The individual costs usually breakdown as such for the Planar - table $450, arm $300, cart - $250, but your negotiation skills can be used freely! I think they may have packaged the P2 and RB250 arm, and the P3 and RB300 arm. This may or may not be the case in your area. If they do, then purchase a little better arm if they give trade ins or a better cartridge.

Check them out online : http://www.rega.co.uk/index2.htm

P.S. - I have both a Rega 3 and a Linn 12. Both are quality pieces, and the Rega was recommended by a Linn dealer. A friend has an Oracle - another quality piece.

I will have to dig into a phono stage. I will update as possible

Regards,

BBIBH