I've got something I don't quite understand. I've got a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000 DVR box that has a digital coax output on it.

I've got a HK AVR 430 that it's hooked up to via digital coax and standard analog cables. On most prime time chanels and most HBO stations I get a Dolby 2/0/.0 signal. The AVR changes to Dobly PL II Movie and turns on the rear channels. This is fine for me most of the time unless I want to tune to the music stations where I'd rather only use the mains.

Sometimes when watching HBO it receives a Dolby 5.1 signal and changes mode to Dolby Digital 3/2/.1 which is correct.

When I get the 2/0/.0 signal I can change it to Dolby Digital and then only the front two channels are in use. But, if I lose the digital signal because i go to an analog station or change inputs and go back to the 2/0/.0 signal it goes back to Dolby PLII Movie which then turns on the rear channels again.

So I suppose my question is does anyone else have this problem? When you get a 2/0/.0 Dolby dignal does it always go to Dolby PLII Movie?