Antennaweb is a great resource. It's best to start w/ that, cause if you're too far away, you may not be able to get OTA, unless you have a NASA size antenna...

Also to note, my Channel Master is attached to my chimney, so it is outside. And as Alan noted, outside is the best. Even indoors in a good location, an excellent indoor antenna may not be sufficient. W/ both my indoor antennas, I had to reposition for various channels. That is NOT ideal w/ an HD Tivo.

Plus as Tom alludes too, even if you are close, if you are in an area w/ lots of high trees, that adds to the problem.

HD is not an easy thing to get into. My buddy called me on Friday trying to get an HDTV on sale for the superbowl. He's an absolute newbie and was going to buy a new DLP but didn't know the difference w/ that and LCD. He has Directv but didn't know he needed an eliptcial antenna. He didn't even know about OTA. It's not surprising that HD has not moved very fast, since it's so complicated right now. I didn't even explain to him that not all programming on HD channels was in HD, since his head already exploded...

I feel for the newbies going into standard brick and mortar stores and getting all the disinformation that's out there.