Yes, I mean true HDTV is downconverted to 480p on my plasma. So technically, I'm not true HD because I'm not carry the full pixel count nor can I display 720p or 1080i.

I use my HD Tivo via DVI to provide the HDTV source to my plasma. I watch D* HD shows and OTA shows. Both are stunning. Some shows like Lost, 24, House, Enterprise, Carnivale, HDNet sports, etc are better than others. Not all HD broadcasts are created equally. Some CSI shows, for example, seem employ filters that drive me CRAZY. CSI seems blue, CSI NY seems greenish, etc. But shows like Lost and Desparate Housewives (wow they look even better in HD) do a better job of keeping pictures true to form. Heck, w/ Axioms, haven't we all gained an appreciation for an "uncolored" source?

Even though it's downconverted, there is a VERY noticeable difference between a very good DVD and an HD broadcast. Short of doing an ISF calibration, I've done my Avia and "steaming rat" (see avs forums) to tune each plasma input to the best possible result. Huge differences from the default.