I just got the Panasonic PT-AE700U for $2100 (delivered to the door). I can not get cable, so I have Dish with their HD package, which is about 7 channels, some of which are not HD quite abit of the time. FYI: just because you get local channels on your satellite does not mean if the local channel is broadcasting HD you will get HD on the assigned satellite local channels. You will only get HD from the HD package channels (even the installers did not know this fact). BTW, I have the Dish 811 HD receiver, which will process off-air HD signals. I live about 60 miles northwest of Chicago. I had a Winegard HD-8200 antenna (with rotor) installed the day before the Uberbowl. The off-air HD signal from FOX/WFLD of the Uberbowl was absolutely fanatastic. The screen I have is a 92" gray, lower end Draper screen and the image was/is quite amazing. Another FYI: I have decided to go with a Da-Lite HCCV 106" screen, within the next week (at $679 still much, much less than Stewart). I do not see any need to spend more on a home theatre projector than the cost of the AE700 and a decent screen. Now there is one HUGE catch to this...you better make sure that you can control the lighting. The darker the room, the better the image. I do not have to sit in total darkness, but still, the darker, the better.

I started out a year ago thinking I was going to spend $4000ish on a 42" plasma or LCD screen. And now ending up with what I have after a lot of surfing and getting lucky due to LCD projector tech advances in the past year, I'm not sure I could be any more satisfied than I am.

The money I kept in my pocket certainly helped me be able to aquire a complete 5.1 audio system to complete the home theatre experience.

Hope some of this helps.

Best regards to all.

Tom

The obligatory list:

M60s
VP150
QS8s
Denon 3805
Denon 5900
and at the end of the month...EP500!
(and soon after, I'm moving the 8's to the sides and getting M22's for the rear...as long as I don't run out of beer, I don't think I will ever leave that room)

If I were truly plastered, could I do this?