Hello all!

I'm relatively new to HT and am in the process of putting together a sound system for a 20x14x8 room at home. I've pretty much decided on the M60t's for the mains and the qs8's for the surrounds. Where I'm having a problem is with the center. VP100 or VP150 or something else altogether? While I'm pretty sure axioms for the mains and surrounds are solid choices with excellent reviews all around, I'm not so sure about the VP100's or VP150. The VP150 in fact has gotten dinged pretty bad on some forums (and also on audioreview). Too many reviews on both the VP's saying they sound too thin or metallic, have off-axis problems etc. In fact one reviewer on audioreview goes on to say that axiom acknowledged the problem and suggested that the reviewer return the speaker (risk free 30 day trial). Of course, the risk free in-home trial isn't really risk free since you do have to pay for return shipping which really isn't that cheap when you consider the weight of these speakers.

Could this problem with the VP150's be just a case of it not being hooked up or placed right? Or are there better center channels out there? I would prefer to get the matching center channel from axiom (VP100 is a better fit sizewise) but these reviews have me hesitating a bit. Would I be better off going with a "safer" bet like the paradigm cc-370's?

Thanks!

rbk