Perfectly good questions, don't worry. It might be worth giving Axiom a call even if we give you good answers to all your questions -- they see a lot more "model A vs. model B" comparisons than any of us do.

re: centers -- let's start by saying that I have a VP100, have never heard a 150, but have no desire to upgrade.

From the direct comparisons I have read, the pattern seems to be that in a large room people think the VP150 is better; in a smaller room there doesn't seem to be any noticeable difference. The main advantage of the VP150 is the ability to play somewhat louder without straining, and the ability to fill a slightly wider listening area without losing the flat frequency response (because of the separated tweeters). Given your room size, my guess is that you would be just as happy with a VP100 but this would be a real good question for the Axiom experts. They tend to surprise people by recommending less expensive models if that's all they need, BTW.

Between QS4s and QS8s again the main difference is the ability to play louder. Here I have to admit that I went for QS8s to get the same size driver as my center and mains (M60). Didn't know how much difference it would make (and probably never will know) but I'm real happy with the decision and the QS8s sound mighty fine.

Your room is about the same size so I guess I would end up recommending VP100 and QS8s, following the same logic I used -- your room isn't big enough to need VP150, but it seems like a lot of people are buying QS8s over QS4s. Interestingly enough I have *never* seen a direct comparison between the two, so again I guess talking to or emailing Axiom might be a good idea.

I did not talk to Axiom before purchasing, and in hindsight I probably would have saved some time and worry if I had. I ended up real happy with my system (the board members here are a great source of ideas) but we still don't talk to as many owners as the Axiom folks.

I have not heard Polks recently but I think one of my friends has Monitors. I'll see if I can set up a comparison. I didn't find a lot of reviews on the Polk 60s but the reviews I saw seemed pretty positive.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8