Jack - yup, have hit the nail on the head in what you say, and ya, I'll be 55 on 6/18, so I have become a more short patience and do as I wish.

I have dealt with the Good Guys over the years and have always had a positive feeling walking out the door after a sale, and they do sell the many of the Halo's, but seldom one for a 7.1 system, so a $10k sale does get attention, and also when I walked in, they knew I was serious, and not just listening and wishing.

When I was discussing price, they had figured out that yes I loved the system, yes they were very impressive looking, and ya I wanted them. But it was going to be at my price, if not, I could walk out the door and by something else. To get that a grand off of Halos, it had to be okayed by the manager, nice guy but we started out at about an $800 differance in what I wanted to pay after thier first discount, they cane down 600, I went up 400, so when said and done, I got them for the price I wanted with sales tax. It was getting close to thier limit, as they were ready to let me leave ratehr than come down any more. Also these are not stock items, so not like they are worried about inventory tax and have to move them, they are ordered once sold, but still need to make X amount of profit.

I'm happy, they are happy, and if I have problems, they will be there for me with no bs. ;-)

Thanks for the post, and I'll update as soon as those puppies arrive and are in place.

Dennis

PS: I do strongly suggest not to even look at them at a dealer, they seem to jump out and say 'take me home" LOL

Last edited by Tharkun; 02/27/05 10:25 PM.