Ian:

I'm interested in checking out a set of Axioms for a 7.1 home theater. The room is 16 x 18 with a 10 foot ceiling. I currently own 2 HSU TN1220HO driven by a 600 watt pro amp so I won't be needing a sub. Main juice is provided by a Denon 3802 driving the rears and used as a processor and either an Adcom 7500 or Marantz MA500 monoblocks driving the other 5 speakers. Question is: In a setup that utilizes the 80hz crossover, is there any benefit to moving up to the larger floorstanders as opposed to the M22ti for the fronts? I own a set of high quality 24 inch stands, so the cost of the stands should have no bearing on the response.

Also, I've heard a lot about terrible off axis response (huge suckouts) with MTM centers used horizontally. Seems like guys like Nousaine claim it's the nature of the beast. Do your centers suffer the same fate and does the VP150 eliminate these suckouts due to its rather unique layout?

Finally, with 2 woofers a tweeter and a rather large box, I find it curious that the M22's only weigh 14 pounds. How thick are the panels that make up the box and what material are the boxes made of?

Thanks