I have the RX-V2300 and am happy with it. I have it in a large room (24' by 24' or so). Last week it was wired to (2) Boston Acoustic A70 Series IIs (13 years old), (2) M22s, a VP150, and some lousy Cambridge SoundWorks Surround IIs in various configurations. Next week it will be wired to the Boston Acoustics, M22s (as center front or center front and center rear), and (2) QS8s. I should hook up my retired STR-GX700ES and see if I notice a difference in sound quality, but I must admit that I probably wouldn't. I love the remote...it has macros so I can turn on/off my entire system with the flip of a switch and press of a button. I was also able to create a truly universal remote through button programming (although it is only useful for myself because I've done some odd programming such as using the Record button to change discs on the CD player).

If your looking at M80s, VP150, QS8s together, you may want to look at another receiver. This unit's switch for low impedence speakers indicate that it will allow it to handle 4ohms front left and right, 6ohms front center, and 8ohms at surrounds. I called Yamaha, because I was looking into buying a 4ohm M&K 750 system and they said it would be fine, though.

I have not read much on this receiver, there's not much info out there on this model. One person at audioreview.com didn't like it because at the $1000 price point it should have had (2) back surround channels and DTS 96/24 5.1. BUT, I paid $725 or so from crazyeddie.com including shipping, so I guess I did OK. Crazy Eddie is not an authorized dealer so supposedly Yamaha's warrantee is void. Based on the problems I've had with receivers in the past...zero, I'll keep the $250 in my pocket. Supposedly Crazy Eddie will cover any warrantee work for me though. By the way, does anyone know why these manufacturers are warning customers that purchases from unauthorized dealers voids their warrantee, yet they still sell to these unauthorized dealers? Must be to keep their authorized dealers happy, I guess.

___________________________________________ M60s/(2)M22s Center/QS8s in Heartland Maple