This from the Crazy Eddie website:

"Crazy Eddie sells almost all products below the Manufacturer's MAP: the Minimum Advertised Price and thus unless specifically stated we are not an authorized dealer. (If you're interested in learning more about MAP, the Federal Trade Commission's web site has an interesting article about the prerecorded music industry) Crazy Eddie does not sell used, refurbished, or “gray market” goods. Crazy Eddie only sells New merchandise made for the US market in factory sealed boxes."

This is all very interesting to me. So, I called Crazy Eddie and he, well, one of his employees, told me they buy directly from Yamaha and that Yamaha sells to companies like his because "we keep them in business."

One side note, the serial number was removed from the outside of my RX-V2300 box (if I remember correctly). Reminds me of the Levis I used to see at Marshalls (a discount clothing store) when I was a kid--they had the center of the Levis tag cut out.

Also, I have received gray market items from Etronics--Sony Memory Sticks intended for sale in the far east. But at $55 versus $120, I'm not complaining.

___________________________________________ M60s/(2)M22s Center/QS8s in Heartland Maple