Hey Everyone,

Need some help from anyone that has the M80ti mains and VP150 setup already. I received my speakers a couple of days ago and have spent a few hours setting everything up just right. I have done the calibration at 85dB all around with the AVIA dvd and the Radio Shack sound meter. The problem (and this is why I need your help) is that when I run the pink noise between both the M80ti and the VP150, there is a very noticeable difference in sound quality with the VP150 when compared to the front speakers and even the rear QS8s. When I put my ear up to the tweeters on the VP150 it's as if they are very low compared to all the other speakers. I spoke to Joe at Axiom and he suggested turning up the VP150 2dB but I still hear a noticeable difference in all the high frequencies when compared to all the other speakers. I even tried moving the VP150 to the rear center channel on my receiver just to make sure it wasn't a problem on the front center channel. I have tried several music CDs and again the highs are muffled in comparison to the other speakers. Can anyone tell me how close the tonal quality should be between the VP150 and the M80ti? I don't expect it to be 100% but I feel it should not be so noticeable as it is to me.

Thanks for any help,
Joe

My setup:
Samsung 50" DLP HLP507W
Yamaha RX-V3300 Receiver
Toshiba SD-4700 DVD
Axiom M80ti Mains
Axiom VP150 Center
Axiom QS8 Surrounds on FMS QS stands
SVS PB12-Plus/2 Subwoofer
Zu Julian Speaker Cables (Mains,Center)
Monster THX XP25 HT Speaker Cables (Surrounds)