I was just about to start a thread with the same question when I saw this. Now that I have Axioms all round again (60s, VP100, QS8s) the sound is very consistent between speakers and the surround modes for music sound great again (although I still think I slightly preferred the M2s for music).

When I run pink noise around the speakers, though, the VP100 still sounds quite different from the rest (probably caused by the fact it has a shelf 6" above it and a TV below it ?) but there are also fairly significant differences between left and right channels for the same speaker type (eg. left and right M60s sound different, for example).

I haven't had time to swap the speakers and see if the sound moves with the speaker (it probably won't -- placement in the room is not symmetrical) but before I mess around with that has anyone else heard the same thing ? Talking about a fairly significant difference in pink noise sound between left and right main or left and right surrounds.

Note -- I'm not even thinking about the surrounds right now since one is hanging on a wall and the other is still stacked up on a pile of soup cans

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8