Who ever said the vp150 is too bright, is freaking stupid… the vp 150 is a wonderful speaker, and sense 70% of the voices in a movie come from the center, the 150 is perfectly suited for reproducing the sounds of conversations ect… I would defiantly go with the 150 over the 100 if you can swing the cash.. also the 500 is a very good sub as well… if you can swing the extra cash/room for a 600, I would do that also… actually I have done it, and would defiantly do it again..

What you have planned will sound very nice, sure you can read the reviews on the internet, and make some what of an educated opinion, but I know that I would NOT, classify my speakers as “bright” I would classify the cheep 300$ systems as “bright” sure, because they have no midbass…

Im gona stop there man.. if you buy the system, you are planning on, I would pretty much bet you will be happy with it… as far as your receiver goes, I have separates, a receiver, and a 5 channel amp. My amp does 175watts per channel, and it pushes the speakers quite nicely…I have a marantz mm9000, as do a few other guys on the board with the epic 60 system… and everyone with the separates loves the set up… so I can’t comment on your receiver… one thing though, you can never have too much power…