I recently spent quite a bit of time looking at DLP's, LCD's & Plasma's to put in my future home, currently have an older Hitachi 53" rear projection screen TV. I ended up ordering a new Hitachi 55" Plasma. There are Pro's & Con's with all types and cost is a major factor. Plasma's are still considerably more expensive than a DLP but what sold me was the viewing angle, you can sit almost anywhere and enjoy the picture, also I think the color saturation is just fantastic with the majority of plasma's when compared to the alternatives. Plasma's however cost much more to run and run hotter (a extended warranty is almost a must have). Depending on your room layout you can be very happy with a DLP, I still enjoy my current Hitachi but I do sit pretty much in line with the screen. Coolness factor wasn't a consideration, I'm probably going to get more smart *!* comments from relatives thinking I wasted my money but you only live once. Can't wait to order my Axiom's once I move in to get everything in perfect shape. Good Luck...